Track workout at dark-thirty.
4 x 1200 with 400 rest
Actual: 4:48, 4:46, 4:47, 4:49
7 total with warm-up and cool down.
- I was a little fast.
- My rest after repeat number 2 was a little longer than the typical 2:30 due to a coughing fit and a momentary panic at the sounds of deer hooves stampeding across the parking lot in the dark.
- My last repeat was my slowest.
- I didn’t feel like doing this. It hurt from the first step. And I still got it done.
- My faster pace didn’t feel faster. Dare I say, I might be getting faster.
- I realized I essentially have my very own track, less than 2 miles from my front door. A completely public track in the middle of a sprawling regional park with 100s of acres of woods and fields and trails. It’s why we bought our house. Early mornings, it is all mine. All of it. That’s pretty cool.