8/8/2014 - Friday
8 more easy miles on the gravel loop. Running on trails is good for my knees, but terrible for my pretty lavender purple shoes :-(
My husband comes home today!! I miss him so so so much. This is the longest he has ever been gone in 10 years of marriage (yah, I know a week isn’t long). Things he does that I take for granted:
1. Gives me a hug pretty much every time I walk into the room. I am in hug withdrawal.
2. Rubs my back when I am stressed and can’t sleep. I haven’t slept much this week.
3. Entertains the 4-year old, tirelessly.
4. Takes out the trash! Sorry, I forgot this week.
5. Changes the battery in the smoke alarm. The stupid thing started chirping one night, so I ripped it off the ceiling and threw it into the garage at 3:00 am. It’ll be there when you get home, Hon - probably still chirping.
6. Gets all concerned when I run too far in the heat.
7. Takes care of things. All things. If something bothers me, he makes it his mission to fix it.
I am so happy he is coming home tonight. It is hard to make myself be happy when he is gone. Sorry so sappy.