How ‘bout those finger prints on my glass. Sigh. Whatever. Oh, and yes Mom and Dad, that is your kitchen table and your wine. You’re out of town…it would have gone bad. You’re welcome.
Oh Tumblr. I miss you. I have run once since the marathon. This home selling/buying thing is making me crazy. Like can’t-sleep, bottle-of-wine per night crazy.
Today has been, well impressive, in how much catastrophe has found me.
1. Late last night, get an email saying buyers want us to replace ALL the windows in our home. That’s like…several thousand dollars that we don’t have.
2. Have to take dog to parents’ house before work because appraiser is coming today…cat attacks dog as soon as we enter parents house. Like claw his eyes out viscous. He got scratched, but I think his feelings are hurt worse than anything.
3. Left car running on driveway during drop off, and go back outside to see my car overheating and a puddle of green fluid beneath car. I am no mechanic, but that can’t be good. I took my parents’ truck. They are out of town. Hope that’s OK Mom and Dad…?
3. Get to school and discover not one, but TWO bottles of water opened in my bag and my iPad and phone are sitting in a puddle of water. Haven’t had the courage to try to turn them on.
4. Get called at school from friendly neighbor who “has your dog Hutch in my backyard”…husband goes to get Hutch on his conference period… the escape artist.
5. Husband stops at CVS to get Tylenol for “stress headache” and has stranger get in the backseat of his car. Thought he was being mugged…but no…just a mistake.
6. Look online to see homebuilder has raised price of home we were building …we had an appointment to sign a contract tomorrow. They assured us they wouldn’t raise prices until the weekend.
Universe…what do you want? Seriously. I need to run.